These are an absolute classic and barely need an introduction!
One thing I really recommend though is keeping a ton of overly ripe bananas in the freezer (they're sweeter than regular bananas and so you use less sweetener).
- 3 large overly ripe frozen bananas (+ 1/2 non frozen for topping)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 4 eggs
- 3-4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the bananas in a saucepan with 1 tbsp water over a low heat. Allow to cook through (takes around 10 minutes). Keep an eye out to prevent burning!
3. In a bowl sieve the coconut flour and ground almonds and then stir in the baking powder, cinnamon, mixed spice and vanilla powder.
4. Use an electric mixer to combine the bananas, eggs, honey and almond milk.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. (You may wish to add more honey depending on your sweet tooth).
6. Line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases and divide the mix between the cases. Slice the half banana into coins and gently press into the muffins.
7. Bake for around 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool before serving.