It's that time of year again where the house is filled with the smell of freshly made pancakes. This smell always takes me back to my childhood where pancake day was a very big day in my house.
Without further ado below is the recipe for basic banana pancakes. What I love about this recipe is that it can be as simple or as dressed up as you wish. Enjoy!
1 large overly ripe banana
1 tbsp buckwheat flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
coconut oil for cooking
1. Place all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until well combined.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a pan.
3. Spoon 1 ladle of the pancake mix into the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side over a medium heat, be careful you don't burn them.
4. Repeat until all the mixture is cooked.
5. Stack up and top with: berries, bananas, desiccated coconut, honey, cacao nibs etc.