Christmas has passed, you may have over indulged and you're aware that all your bank holiday weekend plans revolve around food or drink and that's fine. Delicious food and popping a few corks are all part of celebrations. I'm not going to stop you enjoying youself. I'm simply providing you with 5 top tips for incorporating more exercise into your weekend.
1. Find a buddy - working out with a friend or a partner is always more fun than working out alone so whether it be a walk or a home workout grab your friend and drag them in too.
2. Make it a social - If you had a brunch booked you can always suggest going to a class instead (or before brunch). If you're lacking in motivation then a class is your best shout as all you need to do is turn up!
3. Hit the woods - or a park or the road for that matter. Try and get out for a walk at some point over the weekend whether this be a walk with the dog, your SO or your best bud. The fresh air will do you good too.
4. Get off a stop earlier- whether you're attending your social plans by tube, bus or car try and walk a little extra. It may require you to get off the bus or the tube a stop earlier or simply park that little bit further away but every little helps to get those steps in.
5. Active activites - exercise doesn't always have to feel like exercise. There are some great social activities which don't involve actively seeking a workout. Some examples include trampolining and rock climbing.
In summary, if you've got some good friends who you can rope in on a workout then definitely take advantage and if not then I recommend trying to mask it in the form of an activity!