Date and Almond Cake
This cake is moist and sweet with subtle almond flavours... The Perfect addition to your Sunday tea!
1/2 cup dates (blitzed in a food processor with 1tbsp warm water)
1 1/2 cups ground almonds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
A few drops of almond extract (optional)
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Combine the blended dates with the eggs (the dates can still be textured).
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and pour into a lined loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.