Easter Chocolate Coconut Bites
Easter can only mean one thing... Chocolate! These little bites are truly delicious and relatively low in sugar (as far as Easter treats are concerned).
60g dark chocolate (I use Ombar)
30g desiccated coconut
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp coconut cream
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1. Melt the chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat. Once melted pour into chocolate moulds (about 1/4 of the way up) and place in the freezer for 1 hour until set.
2. Combine the coconut, honey and vanilla essence until sticky.
3. Once the chocolate has set, remove it from the freezer and fill the rest of the mould with the coconut mix. Return to the freezer for another hour.
4. Gently remove the chocolates from the moulds.
5. Combine the coconut cream and turmeric powder until a yellow colour forms.
6. Gently place a small amount of the coconut cream in the centre of each egg. Serve.