Grain-Free Granola Bars
Are Monday mornings your worst nightmare? Are you always rushing? Are you constantly faced with the battle of eating well or eating something less healthy on the go? These granola bars are the answer for when breakfast time gets overridden by those 15 minutes of extra zzzzz!
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw nuts (any will do)
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes (or oats)
- 1/4 desiccated coconut (optional)
- 2 tsp vanilla powder (essence is fine but avoid flavouring)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Zest and juice of one orange
1. Place the dates into the food processor to break down .
2. Add the remaining ingredients, slowly adding in the juice of the orange depending on your mixture, whizz up until you get a sticky dough texture.
3. Flatted the mix into a brownie tin and place in the fridge for 4 hours or the freezer for 1 hour.