Hot Cross Buns
As it's Easter these are pretty much essential! No further introduction needed...
1 1/2 cups ground almonds
1 cup buckwheat flour
2 tsp cinnamon
3tsp mixed spice
Pinch of cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
Juice of 1/2 an orange
Zest of 2 oranges
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 cup raisins
Orange peel of one orange for the crosses.
1. Mash bananas until smooth.
2. Combine dry ingredients and add to bananas until a dough texture forms.
3. Add juice of the orange and raisins and combine well.
4. The mix should be a soft dough, dollop the mix into a greased muffin tin. Peel one long slither of orange peel and then slice it. Place the orange peel in crosses on top of the buns.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C.
6. Remove from the oven, allow the buns to cool before slicing them and serving with nut butter and chia jam.