Pear and Walnut Cake
The ingredients for this cake literally jumped at me from the cupboard and the cake was born. Admittedly it's not as easy as some of my one bowl features however, it's still pretty fool proof. Lets go...
150g ground walnuts
150g ground almonds
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
6 eggs (separated)
2 cans of pears in fruit juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Whisk the whites until soft peaks.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the walnuts, almonds, coconut flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks and 1 and 1/2 cans of juice from the pears (but not the pears).
5. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, leaving out the egg whites.
6. Once combined, gently fold in the egg whites and ensure fully combined.
7. Grease a round cake tin with coconut oil. Place the pears with the flat sides facing up on the bottom of the tin ensuring the whole base is covered. Then pour the cake mix over and place into the oven for 30-35 minutes. Leave to cool before removing from the tin and serving.