For all those ‘self proclaimed’ nut butter addicts out there this is for you. We all love a good nut butter whether its almond, cashew, peanut or the more obscure nut butters; hazelnut, macadamia, pecan. I have created three recipes so you can make nut butter in the comfort of your own home!
- 3 cups of raw almonds
- 1 tsp himalayan rock sal
Method Almond Butter:
- Roast the almonds in the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C. This will release their natural oils and create a smoother butter.
- Leave the almonds to cool.
- Place in a food processor. The mixture will go from a flour, into a thick ball and then into a smooth butter. When you think it has finished leave it a little longer just to get a perfect texture. However, be careful not to over blend.
- Blitz in the salt and pour into a jar.
- Store in a cool dry place and enjoy!