This is the ideal loaf for a Sunday afternoon tea, it's indulgent and comforting but has room for adding your extra sweet touch. It's not particularly sweet and so you may wish to add honey if you require something a little sweeter.
200g apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g almond butter
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
honey (optional) – this is a loaf recipe so be aware it isn’t naturally sweet
100g ground almonds
60g coconut flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp dairy free milk
1 apple (peeled, cored and chopped)
30g pecans (chopped)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a bowl mix the eggs, apple sauce, vanilla extract, almond butter, coconut oil and honey (if using) until well combined.
3. Add the ground almonds, coconut flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg). Mix until well combined.
4. Slowly pour in the dairy free milk until the mixture has loosened a little. You’re looking for a soft spoon-able mix (it shouldn’t be super runny).
5. Fold in the apple and pecans and transfer into a lined loaf tin.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes (check on it after 40 it may only need another 5).
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing up to serve.
Best served with nut butter!