This rosemary loaf bread is bursting with flavour, super simple to make and is the perfect base for avocado toast. What's more is that it is totally nut free too!
2 tbsp chia seeds + 6 tbsp water (to make chia eggs)
3/4 cup buckwheat flour
3/4 cup ground flax seeds
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp salt
4 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp avocado oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Combine the chia seeds and the water and set in the fridge for about 10 minutes. (Until the mix has firmed up. You may need to stir).
3. In a bowl combine the buckwheat flour, flax seeds, nutritional yeast, salt, rosemary and bicarbonate of soda.
4. In a separate bowl combine the avocado oil, eggs and chia eggs.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
6. Pour the mix into a lined loaf tin and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Check regularly.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving and slicing.
8. Top tip: best served with hummus, avocado, coriander, chilli flakes and black pepper!