For The Nut Butter Addicts
For all those ‘self proclaimed’ nut butter addicts out there this is for you. We all love a good nut butter whether its almond, cashew, peanut or the more obscure nut butters; hazelnut, macadamia, pecan. I have created three recipes so you can make nut butter in the comfort of your own home!
- 3 cups of raw almonds
- 1 tsp himalayan rock salt
- Roast the almonds in the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C. This will release their natural oils and create a smoother butter.
- Leave the almonds to cool.
- Place in a food processor. The mixture will go from a flour, into a thick ball and then into a smooth butter. When you think it has finished leave it a little longer just to get a perfect texture. However, be careful not to over blend.
- Blitz in the salt and pour into a jar.
- Store in a cool dry place and enjoy!
Vanilla and Maple Walnut Butter
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 tsp himalayan rock salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 3-4 tsp maple syrup (add to suit your sweet tooth)
- Place the walnuts in the food processor and blitz for 8-10 minutes. When you think it is done leave it whizzing for a little bit longer.
- Add in the salt, vanilla and maple whilst the processor is on to ensure the mix is fully combined.
- Jar up and enjoy!
Coconut and Pecan Butter
- 2 cups of pecans – soaked for 20-30 minutes
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 heaped tsp cinnamon
- 1 or 2 tsp of vanilla essence (to taste)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- Place the soaked pecans in a food processor and process until the mixture forms a soft butter (this may take about 5 minutes).
- Melt the coconut butter and add to the food processor, process.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blitz!
- Spoon into a jar and keep in the fridge.